KMTTG is a great program to transfer TiVo recordings off of your TiVo to either save space or archive. Most channels support copying of recordings off, with the notable exception of channels like HBO, Cinemax and the like.
So let’s start the install.
- Download kmttg from here
- Create a folder on your drive of choice, create a kmttg folder and extract it.
- Install the latest JRE from here.
- Navigate to your kmttg install location and double click kmttg.jar. If you get a prompt that the OS does not know how to launch the file you’ll need to associate JAR files with the Java JRE.
- If it launches correctly you will see the tools screen. Click OK to install the tools.
- While that download, put in your 10 digit Tivo Media Access Key. If you don’t know where to find this, kmttg tells you where to look.
- Now this step is optional. I like to separate all my File Directories for conversion.
- You will get errors from kmttg that it can’t save due to errors. Ignore those and click OK. Then go and create the folders that you specified.
Click on the Roamio Tab and Click Refresh and you will see all your shows.
That’s it, now copy and encode the shows you want for later viewing!